Red Cedar’s close-knit community, strong academics, and commitment to diversity and inclusion provide a setting in which a wide range of learners thrives.
We weigh the following considerations in our decision to admit a student:
- Motivation of the student to learn and engage within the school’s setting
- Appropriateness of our program for meeting the student’s needs (we are careful to admit students we are confident we can effectively support as we do not provide special education services)
- Support of the child’s parents/guardians for the philosophy and curriculum of the school
- Fit between the student and the existing class group (we aim to create a balance of learners within our groups)
We accept students who are age 5 or older, or who will turn 5 by September 1st of the year they are entering.
Red Cedar School welcomes students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender, or sexual orientation. All students are accorded the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school.
Deadline for New Applicants: March 1st
We consider all applications received by March 1st together. We consider applications received after this date if there is space available.
Tuition and Fees 2021/22
$11,753 — Elementary Level, Grades K–6
$12,637 — Middle School, Grades 7–8
Tuition covers the regular activities of the school. Additional fees are charged for student supplies, day and overnight trips.
Financial aid is available to families in need of assistance. Financial aid is distributed according to need as long as funds are available. Deadline for new applicants is March 1st. We consider applications received after this date if there is space available.
During this year of restrictions because of COVID-19, we will be offering virtual information sessions in lieu of on-site visits and our in-person information night. We will be announcing these soon.
School Visit: We welcome interested families to tour the school and see it in action. Please contact the school at email@example.com or call 802 453-5213 to schedule a date to visit.
Information Night: We encourage all families who are interested in applying to Red Cedar to attend our Information Night.
- Parent application
- School transcripts from 3 most recent years: This includes report cards, disciplinary reports, and any IEP or 504 Plan.
- Permission to contact staff at your child’s current school. When considering if Red Cedar is a good fit for a student, we may decide that this will be helpful. Please use the permission form provided.
- Student application (for grades 6 – 8)
- Teacher references (for grades 6 – 8)
- Application fee of $50