Red Cedar’s close-knit community, strong academics, and commitment to diversity and inclusion provide a setting in which a wide range of learners thrives.
We weigh the following considerations in our decision to admit a student:
- Motivation of the student to learn and engage within the school’s setting
- Appropriateness of our program for meeting the student’s needs (we are careful to admit students we feel reasonably confident that we can support effectively as we do not provide special education services)
- Support of the child’s parents/guardians for the philosophy and curriculum of the school
- Fit between the student and the existing class group (we aim to create a balance of learners within our groups)
We accept students who are age 5 or older, or who will turn 5 by September 1st of the year they are entering.
Red Cedar School welcomes students of every race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender, or sexual orientation. All students are accorded the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school.
We are now accepting applications for the 2024/25 school year. We give first consideration to applications received by March 1st.
Tuition and Fees 2024/25
$13,094 — Elementary Level, Grades K–6
$14,069 — Middle School, Grades 7–8
Tuition covers the regular activities of the school. Additional fees are charged for student supplies, day and overnight trips.
Financial aid is available to families in need of assistance. Financial aid is distributed according to need as long as funds are available. Deadline for new applicants is March 1st. We consider applications received after this date if there are still funds available.
2024 Information Night: Monday, February 5th, 6:00-8:00 PM We encourage all families who are interested in applying to Red Cedar to attend our Information Night. Please RSVP so we can contact you if we need to reschedule because of hazardous driving conditions and so we can plan for numbers.
Tour of the School: We welcome families to come and see the school in session. We will be announcing dates and times when we are offering tours of the school.
- Parent application
- School transcripts from 3 most recent years: This includes report cards, disciplinary reports, and any IEP or 504 Plan.
- Permission to contact staff at your child’s current school. When considering if Red Cedar is a good fit for a student, we may decide that this will be helpful. Please use the permission form provided.
- Student application (for grades 6 – 8 only)
- Teacher references (for grades 6 – 8 only)
- Application fee of $50 per family
Interview: If a student seems potentially to be a good fit for Red Cedar, and we have space available in that child’s group, we will arrange a time for the family to meet with staff. We keep interviews informal to put students at ease.
Decision to Enroll: If the school offers admission to a student, we will hold the space for that child for two weeks to give the family time to decide if they want to accept the offer. Families who have applied for financial aid will be notified about that at the time they are offered admission. To accept an offer of admission, a family is asked to sign an Enrollment Contract for the upcoming school year, and to make a payment of 10% of the total tuition due.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Dana Perzanoski Administrative Assistant email@example.com or 802 453-5213