Red Cedar’s close-knit community, strong academics, and commitment to diversity and inclusion provide a setting in which a wide range of learners thrives.
We weigh the following considerations in our decision to admit a student:
- Motivation of the student to learn and engage within the school’s setting
- Appropriateness of our program for meeting the student’s needs (we are careful to admit students we are confident we can effectively support as we do not provide special education services)
- Support of the child’s parents/guardians for the philosophy and curriculum of the school
- Fit between the student and the existing class group (we aim to create a balance of learners within our groups)
We accept students who are age 5 or older, or who will turn 5 by September 1st of the year they are entering.
Red Cedar School welcomes students of every race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender, or sexual orientation. All students are accorded the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school.
We are now accepting applications for the 2022/23 school year. We give first consideration to applications received by March 1st.
Tuition and Fees 2022/23
$12,106 — Elementary Level, Grades K–6
$13,008 — Middle School, Grades 7–8
Tuition covers the regular activities of the school. Additional fees are charged for student supplies, day and overnight trips.
Financial aid is available to families in need of assistance. Financial aid is distributed according to need as long as funds are available. Deadline for new applicants is March 1st. We consider applications received after this date if there are still funds available.
School Visit: We welcome interested families to tour the school and see it in action. Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802 453-5213 to schedule a date to visit.
Information Night: We encourage all families who are interested in applying to Red Cedar to attend our Information Night.
We have decided to hold off doing Informational Meetings and School Visits for the time being in hopes that the current COVID-19 surge will subside in time for us to do these in February. Please contact our admissions coordinator, Hannah Billian, if you wish to be notified about these: email@example.com
- Parent application
- School transcripts from 3 most recent years: This includes report cards, disciplinary reports, and any IEP or 504 Plan.
- Permission to contact staff at your child’s current school. When considering if Red Cedar is a good fit for a student, we may decide that this will be helpful. Please use the permission form provided.
- Student application (for grades 6 – 8 only)
- Teacher references (for grades 6 – 8 only)
- Application fee of $50 per family
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Hannah Billian, Administrative Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 802 453-5213